New Duck River Dam plan to be unveiled in coming days
Engineers have spent the past several months reworking construction plans for the Duck River Dam, and their recommendations should be unveiled in late September.
The city, via the utilities board, is creating a 640-acre lake with a 32-million-gallon-per-day capacity in northeast Cullman County. The project was originally estimated to cost approximately $68 million, and once complete will work in conjunction with the area's current sole major water source Lake Catoma.
Earlier this year additional excavation revealed more clay than anticipated, meaning the site might not support the original... read more
- 07:26 In addition to flood bond, Harris County IDs $620M in mitigation...
- 00:45 Gates testimony dredges up Trump inaugural spending mystery
- 00:45 What to Watch: Minn.,Wis. primaries test allegiance to Trump
- 00:36 'Blue wave' to be tested in key Midwestern primaries
- 00:30 Trump warns Cuomo: Anybody who runs against me 'suffers'
- 00:30 Manafort trial turns from prosecution's case to his defense
- 00:30 Secretly taping conversations is not unknown in Trump world