New hospital opens in isolated area of southern Haiti
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti – A new hospital has been opened in a remote section of southern Haiti where residents once had to travel for hours on rutted roads to reach a relatively well equipped medical center.
In a Monday statement, the CMMB-Health Lives Worldwide nonprofit group says the health center in the isolated coastal community of Cotes-de-Fer will serve more than 50,000 people who previously did not have access to decent care.
A U.S. organization in Kentucky and Ohio called Mercy Health provided $2 million for construction costs.
Haiti's health ministry will provide technical and... read more
- 02:34 Trump steps to forefront of anti-abortion movement
- 01:56 $5,000 reward offered for return of French bulldog puppies stolen...
- 01:56 3 women arrested soon after Avondale serial killing are accused of...
- 01:53 Kings can't handle Penguins, and suffer their fifth straight loss...
- 01:51 Year-old 'resistance' now sets sights on the ballot box
- 01:51 Pence has long pushed for Trump policies on Israel
- 01:33 China's birthrate dropped despite allowing 2-child families
- 00:00 Turnovers, poor shooting doom Michigan in 72-52 loss to Nebraska
- 23:00 Phoenix police link 9 murders within hours using in-house technology
- 22:57 Mother: Care denied daughter left in cold in hospital gown