New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle graduated from the University of Queensland. “Living on the east coast of Australia, we have seen extreme... read more
- 15:42 Energy Secretary Rick Perry's father dies at 92
- 15:41 Fears of losing pre-existing conditions protection under GOP
- 15:41 Florida eye doctor guilty on all counts of Medicare fraud
- 15:28 Bordow: Firing of Desert Vista baseball coach Stan Luketich makes...
- 15:10 Trump at NRA convention: 'Eight-year assault' on gun rights is over
- 15:04 Stream of quakes rattles Chilean coast
- 14:38 Trump's tweets cooling — and the impact is fading a bit
- 14:36 Trump's 100-day cram session
- 14:25 North Korea's army: 1.2M men, obsolete equipment and nukes
- 13:56 A look at Macedonia's deepening political turmoil