New proposed design for Breezy Point homes is affordable and storm-proof
A pair of Australian architects believe they have designed a storm-resistant home of the future in Breezy Point.
The so-called “Bayside Bunker,” a prefab, solar-powered home with debris-proof windows by designers Rayne Fouche and Larissa Searle, bested 19 other submissions to win The Urban Green Council’s R3Build competition Wednesday night.
“We could, in many ways, relate to the geographic character of Breezy Point and the extreme weather conditions,” said Fouche, who with Searle graduated from the University of Queensland. “Living on the east coast of Australia, we have seen extreme... read more
- 02:34 Trump steps to forefront of anti-abortion movement
- 01:56 $5,000 reward offered for return of French bulldog puppies stolen...
- 01:56 3 women arrested soon after Avondale serial killing are accused of...
- 01:53 Kings can't handle Penguins, and suffer their fifth straight loss...
- 01:51 Year-old 'resistance' now sets sights on the ballot box
- 01:51 Pence has long pushed for Trump policies on Israel
- 01:33 China's birthrate dropped despite allowing 2-child families
- 00:00 Turnovers, poor shooting doom Michigan in 72-52 loss to Nebraska
- 23:00 Phoenix police link 9 murders within hours using in-house technology
- 22:57 Mother: Care denied daughter left in cold in hospital gown