New 'Star Wars' set 30 years after 'Jedi'
LOS ANGELES -- The new "Star Wars" has an official timeline and one confirmed returning character: robot R2-D2.
Director J.J. Abrams will begin shooting in May on "Star Wars: Episode VII," which is set three decades after 1983's "Return of the Jedi," Disney CEO Bob Iger said Tuesday.
Speaking at the company's annual shareholder's meeting in Portland, Ore., Iger said the movie would feature "some very familiar faces along with a trio of new, young leads." Abrams has a penchant for secrecy, and Iger said R2-D2 was the only "official cast... read more
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant