New 'Star Wars' set 30 years after 'Jedi'
LOS ANGELES -- The new "Star Wars" has an official timeline and one confirmed returning character: robot R2-D2.
Director J.J. Abrams will begin shooting in May on "Star Wars: Episode VII," which is set three decades after 1983's "Return of the Jedi," Disney CEO Bob Iger said Tuesday.
Speaking at the company's annual shareholder's meeting in Portland, Ore., Iger said the movie would feature "some very familiar faces along with a trio of new, young leads." Abrams has a penchant for secrecy, and Iger said R2-D2 was the only "official cast... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House