New 'Star Wars' set 30 years after 'Jedi'
LOS ANGELES -- The new "Star Wars" has an official timeline and one confirmed returning character: robot R2-D2.
Director J.J. Abrams will begin shooting in May on "Star Wars: Episode VII," which is set three decades after 1983's "Return of the Jedi," Disney CEO Bob Iger said Tuesday.
Speaking at the company's annual shareholder's meeting in Portland, Ore., Iger said the movie would feature "some very familiar faces along with a trio of new, young leads." Abrams has a penchant for secrecy, and Iger said R2-D2 was the only "official cast... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold