New 'Star Wars' set 30 years after 'Jedi'
LOS ANGELES -- The new "Star Wars" has an official timeline and one confirmed returning character: robot R2-D2.
Director J.J. Abrams will begin shooting in May on "Star Wars: Episode VII," which is set three decades after 1983's "Return of the Jedi," Disney CEO Bob Iger said Tuesday.
Speaking at the company's annual shareholder's meeting in Portland, Ore., Iger said the movie would feature "some very familiar faces along with a trio of new, young leads." Abrams has a penchant for secrecy, and Iger said R2-D2 was the only "official cast... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco