NEW WAY TO GO GREEN
ALL YOU NEED to rent these bikes are two feet and ample sunlight.
A Wisconsin-based company has chosen Roosevelt Island as its latest test ground for solar-powered kiosks for bicycle sharing.
B-Cycle, which has similar programs in cities such as Denver and Chicago, unveiled its bike terminals on Tuesday outside the F-train subway station - an experiment that could eventually lead to kiosks throughout the city.
The bicycle stations - which don't have to be hooked up to the local power grid - would be a welcome addition to the island, local officials said.
"Here in Roosevelt Island it's... read more
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein
- 11:57 Clinton stars as central villain in GOP's midterm strategy
- 11:35 Trump wrongly claims NKorea has agreed to 'denuclearization'