New York charity distributes $5M in gift cards to families displaced by Harvey
Mayor Sylvester Turner this week thanked a New York charity that distributed $1,000 gift cards to about 5,000 Houston-area children and families displaced by Hurricane Harvey.
Families from the Aldine, Alief, Spring, Sheldon, Pasadena, KIPP, Galena Park, CyFair, Spring Branch and Houston school districts, Raul Yzaguirre Charter and Young Learners charter schools, and families received aid from the the Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund.
The charity was founded by Howard and Edie Lutnick in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attack that killed more than 650 of the company's employees in the World... read more
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez