New York charity distributes $5M in gift cards to families displaced by Harvey
Mayor Sylvester Turner this week thanked a New York charity that distributed $1,000 gift cards to about 5,000 Houston-area children and families displaced by Hurricane Harvey.
Families from the Aldine, Alief, Spring, Sheldon, Pasadena, KIPP, Galena Park, CyFair, Spring Branch and Houston school districts, Raul Yzaguirre Charter and Young Learners charter schools, and families received aid from the the Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund.
The charity was founded by Howard and Edie Lutnick in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attack that killed more than 650 of the company's employees in the World... read more
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...