News from around Wisconsin at 5:58 p.m. CDT
Ryan talks about defense, immigration in Wisconsin
NORTH PRAIRIE, Wis. (AP) — Congressman Paul Ryan said Tuesday that he doesn't think proposed cuts to the military are wise given the war in Syria and conflict in Ukraine.
Ryan, who is mentioned frequently as a potential presidential candidate, said defense should be the federal government's top priority and any further cuts in military spending would put the U.S. at a disadvantage in foreign affairs.
"I really think that what that does is it sends the wrong signals to the world," Ryan said during a packed town... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike