Nicasio, Rockies beat Brewers 7-3
MILWAUKEE -- Juan Nicasio pitched six effective innings for his first victory in almost a year while Wilin Rosario, Michael Cuddyer and Dexter Fowler homered to lift the Colorado Rockies over the Milwaukee Brewers 7-3 on Wednesday night.
The Rockies took two of three under new manager Walt Weiss in the season-opening series at Miller Park.
Nicasio (1-0) allowed two runs and seven hits for his first win since last April 30, when he beat the Los Angeles Dodgers. Winless in the next five starts, he sustained a season-ending knee injury on June 2.
Wily Peralta (0-1) gave up four runs, including... read more
- 04:30 Koch network success in Trump era draws Democratic pushback
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein