Nissan workers reject UAW in crucial vote
CANTON, MISS. -- In a setback to the effort to unionize auto factory workers in the South, workers at a Nissan plant in Canton, Miss., soundly rejected an offer to join the United Auto Workers for collective bargaining.
By a margin of 2,244 to 1,307, workers at the Nissan plant voted against the UAW.
The UAW injected some last-minute drama by filing a fresh set of unfair labor practice charges Friday against Nissan just as voting was drawing to a close, muddying the waters of a high-stakes union election.
The UAW filed seven separate allegations with the National Labor Relations Board... read more
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it
- 00:29 North Korea's offer of concessions comes with a catch for US
- 00:29 Trump's tariffs put GOP candidates in a bind in rural areas