Nissan workers reject UAW in crucial vote
CANTON, MISS. -- In a setback to the effort to unionize auto factory workers in the South, workers at a Nissan plant in Canton, Miss., soundly rejected an offer to join the United Auto Workers for collective bargaining.
By a margin of 2,244 to 1,307, workers at the Nissan plant voted against the UAW.
The UAW injected some last-minute drama by filing a fresh set of unfair labor practice charges Friday against Nissan just as voting was drawing to a close, muddying the waters of a high-stakes union election.
The UAW filed seven separate allegations with the National Labor Relations Board... read more
- 17:21 FBI agent removed from Russia probe is willing to testify
- 17:00 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 11:27 Conway says 'nobody likes' family separation policy
- 11:27 Giuliani says Trump could issue pardons after Russia probe
- 02:21 Police: Second sheriff's deputy dead after shooting during...