ATLANTA -- Justin Upton, Jason Heyward and rookie Evan Gattis homered, helping Paul Maholm and the Atlanta Braves beat the Philadelphia Phillies 9-2 on Wednesday night.
Freddie Freeman had three RBIs as the Braves chased Roy Halladay in the fourth inning. Upton belted a two-run shot in the first to give him a pair of homers in his first two games for Atlanta.
Halladay (0-1), who struggled with a sore shoulder last season and had a difficult spring training, gave up five runs and six hits in 3 1-3 innings. The two-time Cy Young Award winner struck out nine, but dropped to 0-4 with an 8.00... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco