No. 9 Glendale Apollo beats No. 8 Tempe McClintock in first round of 5A boys basketball tournament
The No. 9 Glendale Apollo boys basketball team defeated the No. 8 Tempe McClintock 59-51 to advance to the quarterfinals of the 5A playoffs Tuesday night in Tempe.
After scoring eight points in the first, Apollo junior Emmanuel Taban exploded to score 34 total points, including 17 free throws. His four free throws in the last 30 seconds of the game helped the Hawks seal the deal.
"These games are going to come down to the wire," Apollo head coach Jacob Marin said. "Free throws are going to be huge, but obviously you want your best guys at the free-throw line shooting those... read more
- 13:31 Trump scolds California for 'no help' in fighting MS-13 gang
- 13:18 Endangered Mexican gray wolf population remained flat in new count
- 13:10 Suspect in fatal triple shooting has died; police unsure if wound...
- 13:04 Toyota dominates Consumer Reports 2018 Top Picks for vehicles
- 13:03 Agent's detailed records show exactly how much players' families...
- 13:01 Pence urges conservatives to 'defend' Trump accomplishments
- 12:53 Tyrod Taylor to Cardinals? Buffalo Bills quarterback predicted to...
- 12:47 ASU women's basketball seeks 20th win vs. No. 8 Oregon
- 12:17 Police evaluating threat made on social media toward St. Mary's...
- 12:03 School district: AG's unlawful electioneering allegation 'misleading'