No, Arizona Wildcats coach Sean Miller doesn't get more money if fired with cause
Less than 24 hours after Arizona Wildcats head basketball coach Sean Miller found himself in the hot seat, the media speculation began about whether he would be fired — and what his payout would be.
Miller earns $2.6 million a year and has a contract that runs through May 31, 2022.
Media reports suggested that because of vague contract language, Miller would be entitled to double the money if he were fired "with cause" rather than "without cause." This would make no sense and be highly unusual for a college coaching contract, to say the least.
Rather than speculate, we... read more
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat