No way, cliche: This camera won't work in tourist traps
How many times have you seen one of your Facebook friends posing in front of the ruins at Machu Picchu? How many of them have used a forced perspective to make it look like they were holding up the tower at Pisa?
Do you ever feel like you're trapped in an echo chamber of trite travel photography?
Well, a new project by Philipp Schmitt is aiming to change the way we think about taking pictures—specifically, where we take them.
His Camera Restricta is a play on the Camera Obscura, the device that paved the way for all modern cameras. But what exactly is so restricta about it?
The camera uses... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco