No way, cliche: This camera won't work in tourist traps
How many times have you seen one of your Facebook friends posing in front of the ruins at Machu Picchu? How many of them have used a forced perspective to make it look like they were holding up the tower at Pisa?
Do you ever feel like you're trapped in an echo chamber of trite travel photography?
Well, a new project by Philipp Schmitt is aiming to change the way we think about taking pictures—specifically, where we take them.
His Camera Restricta is a play on the Camera Obscura, the device that paved the way for all modern cameras. But what exactly is so restricta about it?
The camera uses... read more
- 03:38 Overconfident? Dem optimism surges as midterms approach
- 03:38 Trump picks combat over caution in court fight
- 02:55 Trump promises to rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 02:55 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 02:13 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 22:55 Ted Cruz and Beto OâRourke take plenty of shots in first debate
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings