North Canyon soccer forfeits state tournament match for using ineligible players
Phoenix North Canyon's boys soccer season came to an abrupt end after two playoff wins.
The school forfeited its 5A state quarterfinal match with Gilbert Campo Verde, scheduled for Saturday, after discovering it had two players involved in weekend club tournaments during the season, Arizona Interscholastic Association Executive Director David Hines said.
RELATED: AIA boys, girls soccer state tournaments schedule
Hines said the AIA was notified by North Canyon on Thursday morning of the bylaws violation. AIA athletes can't compete in club games during their season.
North Canyon Athletic... read more
- 07:59 UNICEF says Pakistan is riskiest country for newborns
- 07:26 Turner to announce new public safety and homeland security chief...
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...