North Canyon soccer forfeits state tournament match for using ineligible players
Phoenix North Canyon's boys soccer season came to an abrupt end after two playoff wins.
The school forfeited its 5A state quarterfinal match with Gilbert Campo Verde, scheduled for Saturday, after discovering it had two players involved in weekend club tournaments during the season, Arizona Interscholastic Association Executive Director David Hines said.
RELATED: AIA boys, girls soccer state tournaments schedule
Hines said the AIA was notified by North Canyon on Thursday morning of the bylaws violation. AIA athletes can't compete in club games during their season.
North Canyon Athletic... read more
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...