North Xtra: Seneca Valley eyes a rare WPIAL 'three-peat'
By Ryan Riordan / Tri-State Sports & News Service With seven regulars returning, the Seneca Valley baseball team is poised to become only the second team since the WPIAL expanded to multiple classifications in 1979 to win three consecutive WPIAL titles.
And the possible feat isn't lost on the players.
"It would be huge to be part of a team that makes history like that," senior shortstop Sam Fragale said. "That's our motivation this year."
But to join the 2004-06 Pine-Richland teams that won three WPIAL Class AAA titles in a row, Seneca Valley will have to remain... read more
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant