Northwest Arctic Borough mayor drops re-election bid
Northwest Arctic Borough Mayor Reggie Joule pulled out of a re-election bid for his seat Friday morning, saying he's worn out from years of public service.
Joule, who recently hosted a visit from President Barack Obama in Kotzebue and spoke at the GLACIER conference in front of an international panel of world leaders, said he did not make the decision to abort his bid for re-election easily.
"Part of my makeup is that I think about things for a long time and I have been thinking about this for quite some time," Joule said.
>Joule went straight from his 16-year position in the... read more
- 03:38 Overconfident? Dem optimism surges as midterms approach
- 03:38 Trump picks combat over caution in court fight
- 02:55 Trump promises to rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 02:55 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 02:13 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 22:55 Ted Cruz and Beto OâRourke take plenty of shots in first debate
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings