Northwest Arctic Borough mayor drops re-election bid
Northwest Arctic Borough Mayor Reggie Joule pulled out of a re-election bid for his seat Friday morning, saying he's worn out from years of public service.
Joule, who recently hosted a visit from President Barack Obama in Kotzebue and spoke at the GLACIER conference in front of an international panel of world leaders, said he did not make the decision to abort his bid for re-election easily.
"Part of my makeup is that I think about things for a long time and I have been thinking about this for quite some time," Joule said.
>Joule went straight from his 16-year position in the... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco