Not eligible for tax credits? You could find a better deal off the exchange
The biggest draw to the Michigan Health Insurance Marketplace and other state exchanges is tax credits that for many Americans can reduce premiums and out-of-pocket expenses.
If you're not eligible for those credits, experts say you might find a better deal off the exchange.
Be aware of subtle differences. For example, an exchange plan might be required to provide pediatric vision benefits directly through the plan rather than in a stand-alone supplemental policy, according to the consumer website Health Pocket.
Some Michigan insurers offer individual plans both on and off the exchange.... read more
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely
- 11:31 Trump checks out anti-drug effort while in Florida