Not eligible for tax credits? You could find a better deal off the exchange
The biggest draw to the Michigan Health Insurance Marketplace and other state exchanges is tax credits that for many Americans can reduce premiums and out-of-pocket expenses.
If you're not eligible for those credits, experts say you might find a better deal off the exchange.
Be aware of subtle differences. For example, an exchange plan might be required to provide pediatric vision benefits directly through the plan rather than in a stand-alone supplemental policy, according to the consumer website Health Pocket.
Some Michigan insurers offer individual plans both on and off the exchange.... read more
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it