Not eligible for tax credits? You could find a better deal off the exchange
The biggest draw to the Michigan Health Insurance Marketplace and other state exchanges is tax credits that for many Americans can reduce premiums and out-of-pocket expenses.
If you're not eligible for those credits, experts say you might find a better deal off the exchange.
Be aware of subtle differences. For example, an exchange plan might be required to provide pediatric vision benefits directly through the plan rather than in a stand-alone supplemental policy, according to the consumer website Health Pocket.
Some Michigan insurers offer individual plans both on and off the exchange.... read more
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend
- 10:28 VIDEO: Willie Nelson on Beto backlash: 'I don't care'
- 07:16 In push to buy flooded homes, Harris County sometimes bested by...