Not eligible for tax credits? You could find a better deal off the exchange
The biggest draw to the Michigan Health Insurance Marketplace and other state exchanges is tax credits that for many Americans can reduce premiums and out-of-pocket expenses.
If you're not eligible for those credits, experts say you might find a better deal off the exchange.
Be aware of subtle differences. For example, an exchange plan might be required to provide pediatric vision benefits directly through the plan rather than in a stand-alone supplemental policy, according to the consumer website Health Pocket.
Some Michigan insurers offer individual plans both on and off the exchange.... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance