Now under indictment, Gary Pierce was known for unpopular decisions as utility regulator
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE Former Arizona Corporation Commission Chairman Gary Pierce and Johnson Utilities owner George Johnson, among others, were indicted in federal court on charges of bribery, conspiracy and fraud.
Former utility regulator Gary Pierce, now facing federal charges of bribery, took unpopular positions during his eight years on the Arizona Corporation Commission. He wasn't afraid to throw the ordinarily quiet agency into controversy, either.
As a regulator who oversaw decisions involving solar, wind, coal, nuclear and other energy sources, Pierce rejected mainstream... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House