NTSB: Tesla Autopilot 'limitations played a major role' in deadly crash
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE The National Transportation Safety Board says the car company is not at fault. Aaron Dickens reports.
The design of Tesla's partially self-driving system contributed to a crash that killed an Ohio man in May 2016, a federal transportation official said Tuesday.
National Transportation Safety Board chair Robert Sumwalt said the Tesla vehicle's "operational limitations played a major role in this collision."
His statement came at the beginning of a hearing where the NTSB is expected to rule on whether the Autopilot system on Ohio resident Joshua... read more
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...
- 00:45 Trump embraces longtime US foe Putin, doubting own intel
- 00:45 Republicans join Democrats in condemning Trump's remarks
- 00:32 Summit takeaways: Trump doubts intel, plays trusted friend