NY Jets release DE Muhammad Wilkerson, who disappointed after signing a big contract
CLOSE Jets DE Muhammad Wilkerson speaks to reporters for the first time since he was suspended for last weekend's game in New Orleans for repeated tardiness. Wilkerson spoke Wednesday, Dec. 20, 2017, at the Jets' practice facility in Florham Park.
INDIANAPOLIS -- The inevitable has happened.
The Jets released defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson on Wednesday, ending months of speculation and closing his final chapter with the team in disappointment.
Wilkerson, a Linden native, was a Jets' first-round pick in 2011 and became a Pro Bowler. The feel-good story continued when he signed a five-year,... read more
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat