NYFW: Tory Burch goes for a sporty look
Tory Burch says she was inspired by a 1972 French film when she designed her fall/winter collection.
In L’amour l’apres-midi, or Love in the Afternoon, by Eric Rohmer, the main character sits at a café watching various Parisian women walk by.
“It was the first time that I know of that street fashion was referenced in a movie and it was him looking out of the Parisian cafes, looking out at all the gorgeous women on the street and all of them looking incredibly different,” Burch told USA TODAY after presenting her collection at Lincoln Center during New York City Fashion Week Tuesday.
Burch... read more
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 22:10 Diamondbacks treat 9-year-old with a rough road ahead to a day at park
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced