Obama praises Italian leader for 'bold' leadership
WASHINGTON — Seeking to boost a close ally, President Barack Obama threw his support Tuesday behind efforts that Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi is taking to overhaul that country's political system and enhance its economy, saying that Renzi's "bold" and "progressive" leadership was exactly what Europe needs at a time of crisis and soul-searching.
Obama invited Renzi to the White House for the final official visit and state dinner of his presidency, telling hundreds of spectators at the arrival ceremony that "we saved the best for last."
Throughout... read more
- 13:39 Memphis basketball expected to announce Penny Hardaway's hiring on...
- 13:35 Trump bans US use of Venezuelan cryptocurrency
- 13:17 MLB unveils special uniforms for Jackie Robinson Day, Memorial Day,...
- 12:39 Valley Vista's Taylor Chavez named Gatorade Arizona Girls...
- 11:59 Neighbor on bond with Cardinals' Justin Pugh: 'Without him, I’d...
- 11:37 White House names deputy chief for policy
- 11:09 Arizona's best high school baseball programs: Hamilton still rising
- 10:56 Suns promotional calendar: Diamondbacks Night vs. Pistons on...
- 09:52 Why Titans should — and should not — sign Ndamukong Suh
- 08:12 Michigan State's Tom Izzo says he'll return: 'I've never run from...