Obama to reassure Central Europeans he's in their corner
WARSAW, Poland President Barack Obama arrived in Poland on Friday, launching a two-day visit aimed at assuring the Poles that the United States is a steadfast ally even as it works closely with old Polish nemesis Russia.
He will stress that his "reset" of relations with Russia doesn't weaken U.S. relations with Central Europe, which remains wary of Moscow after almost 50 years of Soviet domination.
Poland grew nervous about the relationship in 2009 when Obama abruptly dropped Bush-era development of a missile defense system based partly in Poland. Polish leaders had backed the... read more
- 02:59 Mueller probe gets info from ex-Trump lawyer Cohen
- 02:40 Early voting begins as midterms season enters final phase
- 00:49 Trump: Allies concerned about declassifying Russia papers
- 23:50 Trump stumping for Sen. Dean Heller in Las Vegas
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches