Obesity rising in nations rich and poor, especially in kids
NEW YORK (AP) — The world's weight problem is growing in countries rich and poor, and in many of them obesity is increasing faster in children than adults.
The research found obesity has tripled in youth and young adults in countries like China, Brazil and Indonesia. That suggests future increases in diabetes and other health problems in much of the world.
Similar studies by the same researchers have shown obesity is increasing, but their new work offers startling new numbers about children.
The researchers estimated more than 107 million children and 603 million adults can be counted are... read more
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant
- 14:25 Louisville offers 7 Saguaro football players scholarships on same day
- 14:17 AP Interview: Iran says if US exits deal, it likely will too