Obsessed with curling at the Olympics? Fans try the sport in Tempe
CLOSE Curling fans took to the ice Saturday, Feb. 10 with the Coyotes Curling Club in Tempe. BrieAnna J. Frank/The Republic
Curling fans took to the ice Saturday in Tempe with a local club to learn about the sport that's being watched on millions of televisions around the world during the Olympics.
The Coyotes Curling Club hosted the lessons to teach beginners how to curl. About 15 more sessions will be held within the next two months.
Steve Leavitt attended the event with his wife, Dawn, and 8-year-old son Aries.
Aries said he wants to be a professional curler. Saturday was his first... read more
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:35 Steven Souza Jr. trade reaction: Arizona Diamondbacks rob 'tanking'...
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 13:08 Steven Souza Jr. eager to fill key role, join familiar teammates on...