Obsessed with curling at the Olympics? Fans try the sport in Tempe
CLOSE Curling fans took to the ice Saturday, Feb. 10 with the Coyotes Curling Club in Tempe. BrieAnna J. Frank/The Republic
Curling fans took to the ice Saturday in Tempe with a local club to learn about the sport that's being watched on millions of televisions around the world during the Olympics.
The Coyotes Curling Club hosted the lessons to teach beginners how to curl. About 15 more sessions will be held within the next two months.
Steve Leavitt attended the event with his wife, Dawn, and 8-year-old son Aries.
Aries said he wants to be a professional curler. Saturday was his first... read more
- 19:12 Putin soccer ball gift to Trump gets routine security check
- 19:12 Abbott campaign 'tracker' gets angry pushback at Valdez rally
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve