Off-duty police officer killed as he crashes into trees in Brooklyn
An off-duty police officer was killed after he lost control of his car and crashed into two trees in Brooklyn early Thursday, police sources said.
The 22-year-old cop was heading south on Kings Highway in East Flatbush on his way home from work when his 2003 Nissan Maxima hit a tree on a median between Tilden Ave. and Beverly Road and then slammed into a second tree about 4:15 a.m., sources said.
Demetrius Loadholt/New York Daily News The car first crashed into a tree on a median between Tilden Ave. and Beverly Road, then smashed into a second tree about 4:15 a.m. Thursday. The officer was... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco