Officers fatally shoot 'erratic' man who they say pointed gun at them outside Gilbert home
CLOSE What is a Silent Witness and how do you become one?
Gilbert police fatally shot a man outside his home Monday night after officers say he threatened them with a gun.
Police identified the man as 37-year-old Joshua Kinnard.
He was the fifth person to be shot dead by law enforcement in Maricopa County in 2018.
Gilbert police said in a statement Tuesday morning that officers were called to a residence in Carol Rae Ranch, near Recker and Guadalupe roads, at about 8 p.m. on reports that a man was not feeling well and acting erratically.
Officers spent about 20 minutes trying to calm him... read more
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...
- 19:30 The Latest: Trump opens rally amid 2 associates' legal woes
- 18:56 How the case of former Trump fixer Michael Cohen went down
- 18:11 Silent on Cohen, Trump says Manafort conviction 'a disgrace'
- 17:45 Memes abound following news of guilty verdicts for Paul Manafort,...
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...