Officers fatally shoot 'erratic' man who they say pointed gun at them outside Gilbert home
CLOSE What is a Silent Witness and how do you become one?
Gilbert police fatally shot a man outside his home Monday night after officers say he threatened them with a gun.
Police identified the man as 37-year-old Joshua Kinnard.
He was the fifth person to be shot dead by law enforcement in Maricopa County in 2018.
Gilbert police said in a statement Tuesday morning that officers were called to a residence in Carol Rae Ranch, near Recker and Guadalupe roads, at about 8 p.m. on reports that a man was not feeling well and acting erratically.
Officers spent about 20 minutes trying to calm him... read more
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions
- 20:54 Arizona Diamondbacks' Steven Souza Jr. out a 'couple of weeks' with...
- 20:26 Arizona Coyotes score goal after puck gets stuck in goalie’s skate
- 19:53 Arizona Cardinals announce key offseason dates