Official calls Chief Ladiga Trail sinkholes $100K problem
Officials in Jacksonville don’t know yet how deep a series of sinkholes opened in recent weeks along the Chief Ladiga Trail go — or how deep they’ll need to dig to pay for repairs.
“That has crossed my mind,” Jacksonville Mayor Johnny Smith said Tuesday afternoon, laughing, after a reporter asked if he’d discussed with his staff how the city would pay for the repair. “We really haven’t.”
Subscription Required An online service is needed to view this article in its entirety. You need an online service to view this article in its entirety.
Have an online subscription?
Login Now Need an... read more
- 06:50 Trump: 'Crazy' Biden would go down crying if he assaulted me
- 02:05 Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo on Steven Souza Jr. injury:...
- 01:41 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 00:53 Trump targets China as US businesses await backlash
- 00:22 White House issues threat over leaked Trump briefing papers
- 22:39 Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Zack Greinke’s latest tune-up goes...
- 21:29 Austin residents relieved, but still searching for answers
- 21:17 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 20:14 Phoenix Suns' Alex Len sees his time in Valley 'probably' coming to...
- 19:41 Moore: How will ASU's 'NFL model' affect star wide receiver N'Keal...