Official calls Chief Ladiga Trail sinkholes $100K problem
Officials in Jacksonville don’t know yet how deep a series of sinkholes opened in recent weeks along the Chief Ladiga Trail go — or how deep they’ll need to dig to pay for repairs.
“That has crossed my mind,” Jacksonville Mayor Johnny Smith said Tuesday afternoon, laughing, after a reporter asked if he’d discussed with his staff how the city would pay for the repair. “We really haven’t.”
Subscription Required An online service is needed to view this article in its entirety. You need an online service to view this article in its entirety.
Have an online subscription?
Login Now Need an... read more
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat