Officials: 18-year-old critically injured in Phoenix shooting
An 18-year-old man was shot and critically injured near 17th Avenue and Buckeye Road in south Phoenix on Tuesday evening, according to Phoenix fire officials.
The man was taken to a trauma center in critical condition after the shooting at an apartment complex at 911 S. 17th Ave. around 6:30 p.m., according to Phoenix Fire Capt. Rob McDade.
Witnesses told police the victim and other males were fighting when the shooting occurred, Phoenix police Sgt. Mercedes Fortune told The Republic.
More information was not immediately available.
Check azcentral.com for updates.
TOP VIDEOS You Can Sleep... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law