Officials: Million Democrats voting in primary parallels 1990
AUSTIN -- More than a million Texas Democrats turned out to vote in Tuesday's primary and that parallels an outcome in the governor's race in 1990 that propelled Ann Richards into office, officials noted Wednesday.
Officials with the Texas Secretary of State's Office and the Texas Democratic Party said the Tuesday turnout almost doubled the number Democrats that in a primary four years ago, and was the third time in 24 years years that it reached that level.
For comparison, more than 1.5 million Republicans voted Tuesday in their primary.
The primary quickly drew comparisons to the... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...