Officials: Million Democrats voting in primary parallels 1990
AUSTIN -- More than a million Texas Democrats turned out to vote in Tuesday's primary and that parallels an outcome in the governor's race in 1990 that propelled Ann Richards into office, officials noted Wednesday.
Officials with the Texas Secretary of State's Office and the Texas Democratic Party said the Tuesday turnout almost doubled the number Democrats that in a primary four years ago, and was the third time in 24 years years that it reached that level.
For comparison, more than 1.5 million Republicans voted Tuesday in their primary.
The primary quickly drew comparisons to the... read more
- 12:12 Mets send Zack Wheeler to minors after he struggles during camp
- 02:50 Perry baseball holds off Red Mountain, wins on the road
- 01:38 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 01:38 Trump's impulses put White House credibility on the line
- 01:09 ASU football's quest for defensive improvement starts almost from...
- 22:55 Pinnacle softball rolls through Mountain Pointe
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 20:40 Arizona Diamondbacks mulling options following Steven Souza Jr. injury
- 20:40 Gilbert American Leadership Academy sports to remain on probation...