Officials seize $3.5 million worth of marijuana, equipment, guns during arrest
Three men were arrested on suspicion of running an illegal marijuana growing operation in western Maricopa County, officials said Tuesday.
The Sheriff's Office identified the suspects as 57-year-old Ramon Lopez-Frausto, 26-year-old Luis Alberto Aguilar-Amarillas and 24-year-old Alexis Maldonado-Rodriguez.
They were arrested Feb. 1 and booked into the Fourth Avenue Jail on possession of marijuana for sale and producing marijuana, officials said.
Officials said they seized more than 1,400 marijuana plants, 18 pounds of marijuana, growing equipment, guns and ammunition with a total estimated... read more
- 07:59 UNICEF says Pakistan is riskiest country for newborns
- 07:26 Turner to announce new public safety and homeland security chief...
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...