On Jerusalem, Trump delivers for supporters at home
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's move to recognize the divided city of Jerusalem as Israel's capital may have triggered a worldwide chorus of critics but the president had his ears closely tuned to his supporters at home.
For Trump, the proclamation was an important way to make good on a pledge to his political base, which includes evangelical Christians and pro-Israel Republicans eager for such a move.
"While previous presidents have made this a major campaign promise, they failed to deliver," the president declared Wednesday in announcing his decision. "Today, I... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...