On road to Mackinac Policy Conference, a peek at coming elections
NORTHERN MICHIGAN - While politics won't be front and center at the 34th annual Mackinac Policy Conference, which begins Tuesday, attendees will get a dose of the upcoming election season as they drive north on I-75 to Mackinac Island.
Both Macomb County Executive Mark Hackel and Wayne County Executive candidate Bill Wild have billboards along I-75, between Gaylord and the Mackinac Bridge, touting their credentials.
Both Democrats will be on the ballot this year Mark Hackel wants another four-year term as county executive and Westland Mayor Bill Wild wants to take the job from embattled... read more
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it
- 00:29 North Korea's offer of concessions comes with a catch for US
- 00:29 Trump's tariffs put GOP candidates in a bind in rural areas