One Brooklyn school wants to change how kids - and teachers - are taught
At Brooklyn Lab High School, getting kids into college will just be the beginning.
The real goal for each and every student is graduating from college, or perhaps even enrolling in graduate school -- and then thriving in their future careers.
“In high school, we should be practicing the things that matter most for adult life and for future success,” said Eric Tucker, one of the school’s founders.
Preparing students to thrive in college and beyond is at the heart of Brooklyn Lab’s mission. The mission starts at the schools’ two middle schools in downtown Brooklyn, and will continue on at the... read more
- 15:41 Fears of losing pre-existing conditions protection under GOP
- 15:41 Florida eye doctor guilty on all counts of Medicare fraud
- 15:28 Bordow: Firing of Desert Vista baseball coach Stan Luketich makes...
- 15:10 Trump at NRA convention: 'Eight-year assault' on gun rights is over
- 15:04 Stream of quakes rattles Chilean coast
- 14:38 Trump's tweets cooling — and the impact is fading a bit
- 14:36 Trump's 100-day cram session
- 14:25 North Korea's army: 1.2M men, obsolete equipment and nukes
- 14:16 Pakistan: Thousands of activists rally against PM Sharif
- 13:56 A look at Macedonia's deepening political turmoil