Opposing protests in Phoenix park focus on Islam
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE Small but raucous demonstrations across the country Saturday drew boisterous counter-protests.
Two demonstrations held in a north Phoenix park Saturday were among dozens organized across the United States focusing on Islam.
More than 100 people gathered at either end of Paradise Valley Park to support opposing viewpoints.
One demonstration, dubbed "March Against Sharia," was part of a national protest held in 19 states by ACT for America, a conservative group that describes itself as the "NRA of national security."
The Virgina-based... read more
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case