Oprah Winfrey reveals her next book club pick: 'An American Marriage' by Tayari Jones
Oprah Winfrey on Tuesday announced her latest book club selection: An American Marriage by Tayari Jones.
The novel, published by Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill, is “intriguing,” Winfrey said, making the announcement on CBS This Morning.
"It's a love story that also has a huge layer of suspense," she continued, "and it's also so current and so really now that I could not put it down and have already passed it on to lots of my friends."
In An American Marriage, newlyweds Celestial and Roy, professional African-Americans who live in Atlanta, find their lives shattered when... read more
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...