Oscar Pistorius to be sentenced for murder after appeal denied
Olympic athlete Oscar Pistorius appears to be out of legal options after a South African court denied his motion to appeal his murder conviction on Thursday, according to published reports.
The Constitutional Court, South Africa’s version of the Supreme Court, ruled that Pistorius’ appeal “had no reasonable grounds of success.” He is scheduled to be sentenced in April.
Pistorius is currently under house arrest. He was originally convicted of manslaughter in the death of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, who was shot through a bathroom door by Pistorius on Valentine’s Day in 2013. Pistorius claims... read more
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely
- 11:31 Trump checks out anti-drug effort while in Florida
- 09:54 Trump's personal attorney has dropped a pair of libel suits