Ovechkin leads Caps over Ducks, 3-2
ANAHEIM, Calif -- ANAHEIM, Calif.-As if leaving NHL goals leader Alex Ovechkin open to unleash the game-winning goal wasn't enough Tuesday, even the end of the Anaheim Ducks' power-play skid wasn't the end.
"I'm disappointed in our specialty teams. It's been our Achilles' heel all year," Ducks Coach Bruce Boudreau said after a 3-2 loss to his former team, the Washington Capitals, at Honda Center.
"It's something that we've 13 games to correct, or we're going to be in trouble."
Anaheim (45-17-7) believed it stemmed the bleeding of its power-play woes when Mathieu... read more
- 12:24 Melania Trump to discuss Africa trip Wednesday in New York
- 11:47 US warns Russia over missile defense for Syria
- 11:34 VIDEO: What you need to know from the first Beto-Cruz debate, in 13...
- 11:02 The Latest: AP source says Rosenstein expecting to be fired
- 11:02 Trump no statehood for Puerto Rico with critics in office
- 11:02 Trump says he hasn't decided whether to fire Rosenstein
- 06:46 Eyeing White House, Cory Booker introduces himself to Iowa
- 01:52 Weighing whether to can Rosenstein, Trump tuned in TV hosts
- 01:52 Some farmers worry Trump's bailout checks won't be enough
- 00:54 Trump, at UN, to again confront North Korea's nuclear threat