Oxford woman charged with chemically endangering a child
slideshow An Oxford woman was in the Calhoun County Jail on Wednesday on a charge that she chemically endangered her child in February, according to state court records that became available Tuesday.
According to a warrant for her arrest, Kristen Leigh Milam, 26, of Oxford, intentionally exposed her son to amphetamines on Feb. 23.
Assistant district attorney Jennifer Weems, who prosecutes such cases, said she could not give specifics on the case. Weems did say most chemical endangerment cases involve newborns and there is usually a delay when it comes to serving a warrant so the mother has... read more
- 00:55 First lady to hold first public event on cyberbullying
- 00:49 GOP leaders have yet to move to protect special counsel
- 00:49 In NH and Iowa, Trump eyes 2020 re-election as midterms loom
- 00:21 Quick challenge for Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban
- 23:40 Moore: Kevin Sumlin looks ready as spring practice, new era begin...
- 22:38 Trump calls for death penalty to 'get tough' on drug pushers
- 21:43 Colts add tight end Eric Ebron in free agency
- 21:42 Diamondbacks' Steven Souza looking to trim back on strikeouts
- 21:18 About that Isaac Haas brace project Purdue coach Matt Painter...
- 21:02 Florida High hires Charlie Ward as boys basketball coach