Oxford woman charged with chemically endangering a child
slideshow An Oxford woman was in the Calhoun County Jail on Wednesday on a charge that she chemically endangered her child in February, according to state court records that became available Tuesday.
According to a warrant for her arrest, Kristen Leigh Milam, 26, of Oxford, intentionally exposed her son to amphetamines on Feb. 23.
Assistant district attorney Jennifer Weems, who prosecutes such cases, said she could not give specifics on the case. Weems did say most chemical endangerment cases involve newborns and there is usually a delay when it comes to serving a warrant so the mother has... read more
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents