Pacers game against Pelicans postponed by rain
Sports have rain cancellations.
But NBA games?
The Smoothie King Center roof in New Orleans was leaking Wednesday night and forced the postponement of the Indiana Pacers game against the Pelicans. Tipoff was scheduled for 8 p.m ET, but players still weren't on the court by 9:30, as stadium officials worked to dry the court.
At close to 9:45, an official announcement was made that the game would not be played.
There was no immediate word on when the game would be rescheduled.
Alan Freeman, GM of the Smoothie King Center, said he noticed the leak at about 7:20 p.m. ET.
"We're trying to... read more
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...
- 00:24 Jared Kushner's family firm accused of pushing out tenants