Panel OKs bill requiring care in botched abortions
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Gail Adger says she's a living embodiment of why state lawmakers should pass a bill requiring medical care for newborns surviving botched abortions.
Adger presented herself as an abortion survivor during a hearing of the House Health and Human Services Committee on Thursday.
The 41-year-old North Lauderdale woman says her mother tried to abort her when she was six months pregnant. A few days later, her mother began having cramps and delivered her over a toilet. She says her mother stuffed her in a garbage bag to discard her. But Adger says when she began coughing, her... read more
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents