Panel OKs bill requiring care in botched abortions
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Gail Adger says she's a living embodiment of why state lawmakers should pass a bill requiring medical care for newborns surviving botched abortions.
Adger presented herself as an abortion survivor during a hearing of the House Health and Human Services Committee on Thursday.
The 41-year-old North Lauderdale woman says her mother tried to abort her when she was six months pregnant. A few days later, her mother began having cramps and delivered her over a toilet. She says her mother stuffed her in a garbage bag to discard her. But Adger says when she began coughing, her... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft