Panthers beat Sharks 3-2
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Brandon Pirri scored one goal and set up another in a 17-second span of the second period and Roberto Luongo made 52 saves to help the Florida Panthers snap San Jose's six-game winning streak with a 3-2 victory on Tuesday night.
Quinton Howden knocked in a rebound of Pirri's shot to cap a game-changing shift and Scottie Upshall added a goal in the closing minute of the second period for the Panthers, who had lost seven of their previous eight road games.
Marty Havlat and Brent Burns scored for San Jose and Antti Niemi made 21 saves. The Sharks missed a chance to move... read more
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant