Panthers quarterback Cam Newton having ankle surgery, with 4-month recovery time
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton will undergo ankle surgery Wednesday that has an expected recovery time of four months, the team said Tuesday.
The injury, to his left ankle, has persisted since Carolina's playoff loss to San Francisco on Jan. 12.
Team physician and renowned ankle surgeon Dr. Robert Anderson will perform the procedure at Carolinas Medical Center.
"The ankle was sore after the San Francisco (playoff) game and we wanted to see if rest would calm it down, but it is still bothering him and the decision was made to address it," Panthers head... read more
- 19:20 Rattlers take on Green Bay Blizzard a week after wild ride into a...
- 19:02 For Trump, Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team
- 18:38 Hot potato: Dems shy from Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump
- 18:35 Scottsdale's Auston Matthews has hottest selling hockey jersey
- 18:09 John Bolton announces Mira Ricardel as deputy adviser
- 17:52 Chandler's Morgan Foster lucky to be alive after crashing car...
- 17:12 Archie Bradley and Jim Thome: Best friends after MLB Network...
- 16:57 ASU athletics mourns the passing of supporter Steve Butterfield
- 16:46 Phoenix Rising FC set for USL clash with Swope Park Rangers
- 16:26 Paul Moro, Arizona's all-time winningest high school football...