Panthers quarterback Cam Newton having ankle surgery, with 4-month recovery time
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton will undergo ankle surgery Wednesday that has an expected recovery time of four months, the team said Tuesday.
The injury, to his left ankle, has persisted since Carolina's playoff loss to San Francisco on Jan. 12.
Team physician and renowned ankle surgeon Dr. Robert Anderson will perform the procedure at Carolinas Medical Center.
"The ankle was sore after the San Francisco (playoff) game and we wanted to see if rest would calm it down, but it is still bothering him and the decision was made to address it," Panthers head... read more
- 12:24 Melania Trump to discuss Africa trip Wednesday in New York
- 11:47 US warns Russia over missile defense for Syria
- 11:34 VIDEO: What you need to know from the first Beto-Cruz debate, in 13...
- 11:02 The Latest: AP source says Rosenstein expecting to be fired
- 11:02 Trump no statehood for Puerto Rico with critics in office
- 11:02 Trump says he hasn't decided whether to fire Rosenstein
- 06:46 Eyeing White House, Cory Booker introduces himself to Iowa
- 01:52 Weighing whether to can Rosenstein, Trump tuned in TV hosts
- 01:52 Some farmers worry Trump's bailout checks won't be enough
- 00:54 Trump, at UN, to again confront North Korea's nuclear threat