Parents speak out against Spanish-language classrooms
A plan to bring eight bilingual teachers to Conrad Fischer School in Elmhurst has some parents clamoring for the return of some non-bilingual teachers who recently were transferred from the school as it prepares for about half of its enrollment to be Spanish speaking next year.
Four teachers have been transferred from the school where some classrooms, for the first time, will have all Spanish speaking students.
The school is anticipating next school year having 251 students whose parents indicated that a language other than English is spoken at home. The large majority -- 200 of them --... read more
- 13:29 Higley's Marcus Edwards eyes return to sports after two strokes,...
- 13:02 Trump says he wants to meet with Russia's Putin soon
- 13:02 The Latest: Trump team makes overture to high-profile lawyer
- 12:45 NFL mock draft 2018: Arizona Cardinals not only team that needs...
- 12:34 The Latest: Lawyers debate 15-week abortion ban in court
- 11:43 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives poisonous spider bite,...
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...
- 09:50 Texas water board withdraws application for $1.8M grants for flood...