Parents speak out against Spanish-language classrooms
A plan to bring eight bilingual teachers to Conrad Fischer School in Elmhurst has some parents clamoring for the return of some non-bilingual teachers who recently were transferred from the school as it prepares for about half of its enrollment to be Spanish speaking next year.
Four teachers have been transferred from the school where some classrooms, for the first time, will have all Spanish speaking students.
The school is anticipating next school year having 251 students whose parents indicated that a language other than English is spoken at home. The large majority -- 200 of them --... read more
- 17:21 FBI agent removed from Russia probe is willing to testify
- 17:00 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 11:27 Conway says 'nobody likes' family separation policy
- 11:27 Giuliani says Trump could issue pardons after Russia probe
- 02:21 Police: Second sheriff's deputy dead after shooting during...