Paxton leads pack of attorney generals backing âreligious freedomâ in proposed federal rule
AUSTIN — Attorney General Ken Paxton and Republican attorneys general from 16 other states are throwing their support behind the Trump administration’s push to reverse an Obama-era rule that protected abortion providers.
The GOP officials say the proposed rules would restore principles of federalism, religious freedom and freedom of conscience to U.S. government.
In a comment letter sent to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Tuesday, attorney generals praised the department for the rule propping up religious freedom and conscience rights, “assuring that Americans may abide by... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt
- 06:38 John Cornyn picks fight with Beto, gets battle with Houston police...