Paxton leads pack of attorney generals backing âreligious freedomâ in proposed federal rule
AUSTIN — Attorney General Ken Paxton and Republican attorneys general from 16 other states are throwing their support behind the Trump administration’s push to reverse an Obama-era rule that protected abortion providers.
The GOP officials say the proposed rules would restore principles of federalism, religious freedom and freedom of conscience to U.S. government.
In a comment letter sent to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Tuesday, attorney generals praised the department for the rule propping up religious freedom and conscience rights, “assuring that Americans may abide by... read more
- 15:57 Jared Dudley believes Igor Kokoskov is 'ready' to be Suns' next coach
- 12:01 Irish premier launches bid to overturn abortion restrictions
- 09:35 Trump says he doesn't think personal lawyer will 'flip'
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...