Paxton's friends give $85,000 to his legal defense fund
AUSTIN -- Attorney General Ken Paxton's former legal clients and family friends gave him $84,000 last year to fuel his long-running legal fight against securities fraud accusations, marking a heavy drop-off in donations as the dispute drags on with no end in sight.
In total, Paxton has collected more than $630,000 from people he says he has a personal relationship with to finance his legal defense, according to a review of personal financial statements filed with the Texas Ethics Commission.
A recent filing covering the 2017 calendar year shows Paxton collected $25,000 checks from Shawn and... read more
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:35 Steven Souza Jr. trade reaction: Arizona Diamondbacks rob 'tanking'...
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 13:08 Steven Souza Jr. eager to fill key role, join familiar teammates on...