Paxton's friends give $85,000 to his legal defense fund
AUSTIN -- Attorney General Ken Paxton's former legal clients and family friends gave him $84,000 last year to fuel his long-running legal fight against securities fraud accusations, marking a heavy drop-off in donations as the dispute drags on with no end in sight.
In total, Paxton has collected more than $630,000 from people he says he has a personal relationship with to finance his legal defense, according to a review of personal financial statements filed with the Texas Ethics Commission.
A recent filing covering the 2017 calendar year shows Paxton collected $25,000 checks from Shawn and... read more
- 19:12 Putin soccer ball gift to Trump gets routine security check
- 19:12 Abbott campaign 'tracker' gets angry pushback at Valdez rally
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve