Pedestrian struck in South End
South Boulevard was shut down just before 10 p.m. Wednesday after a car struck a pedestrian at the road's intersection with East Bland Street.
Authorities had blocked off South Boulevard at East Bland Street as they investigated the crash.
The vehicle hit the person just after 8 p.m., Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said.
Authorities found the victim lying in the roadway. Medic officials described the pedestrian’s injuries as life-threatening.
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House