Pedestrian struck in South End
South Boulevard was shut down just before 10 p.m. Wednesday after a car struck a pedestrian at the road's intersection with East Bland Street.
Authorities had blocked off South Boulevard at East Bland Street as they investigated the crash.
The vehicle hit the person just after 8 p.m., Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said.
Authorities found the victim lying in the roadway. Medic officials described the pedestrian’s injuries as life-threatening.
- 04:30 Koch network success in Trump era draws Democratic pushback
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein